Ignite®#EDA2018 Application Form
Have you ever wanted to be onstage in front of your friends & colleagues at the EDA conference? Well here’s your chance to share your knowledge and passion at our Ignite®#EDA2018 session.
What is Ignite®#EDA2018?
Ignite® is a fast-paced, fun, thought-provoking presentation format that educates and entertains. It was originally developed by O'Reilly Media, and has been enthusiastically received in more than 100 cities throughout the world.
Ignite®#EDA2018 will give you the opportunity to share your enthusiasm and passion with the EDA community. But, here’s the catch:
• This is not a sales pitch. It’s a passion pitch.
• It will profile 8-10 speakers in a 90 minute session
• There will only be 5 minutes per speaker (we're serious!).
• Each presentation should be organized around a general theme that is related to economic development. Be creative with your interpretation of the theme and have fun.
• 20 slides per speaker automatically advanced every 15 seconds (you better keep up!)
• Although there will be no time scheduled between individual presentations for questions and answers, the remainder of the session time will be used for extended discussion.
• You will be in front of an excited audience of your peers who can't wait to see and hear you!
Ignite®#EDA2018 will be more than just a fun exercise. It will be a highly effective way of testing a new idea, spreading the word on a successful project and/or program, gauging audience reaction to a new way of presenting important information or refining your speaking skills.
• November 1, 2017: Ignite® Applications Open
• February 2, 2018: Ignite® Application Deadline
• February 9, 2018: Ignite® Applicants Notified
• March 5, 2018: Ignite® Presentation Slides Due
• March 21, 2018: Mandatory Practice with all presenters, 9:30-11:30 AM.
• March 21, 2018: Inaugural Ignite®#EDA2018 session, 3:15-4:45 PM
Ignite®#EDA2018 Application Guidelines
• Preference will be given to EDA members
• We are looking for presentations that are interesting, fun, challenging, and provocative
• Preference will be given to innovative, new approaches that pertain to economic development topics (ie. attracting developers to your community, unique affordable housing ideas, etc.)
• The best Ignite® presentations mix personal stories and experience with broader ideas
How to submit a proposal
EDA is now accepting proposals for the inaugural Ignite®#EDA2018 session. To be considered for inclusion, simply fill out the online form that includes a description of your proposed presentation, your biography and contact information on or before February 2, 2018.
What idea do you want to leave the audience with?
Why do you want to share this story with the audience?
Please upload your summary bio/cv here.
I am a member of EDA
I am not a member of EDA
Do Not Fill This Out